Saturday 14 April 2012

-cool to be you-

After such a long period of preparation, our “Cool to be You” kids camp has been successfully held on 11/4/12 at PenangPac. I’m so grateful to have numbers of staffs to help us throughout the event; they diminish our burdens. I’m so touched by their willingness to offer us assistance and guidance. Without their helps, it is kind of impossible for four of us to make this event succeed.

Previously, I used to involve in organizing camps and community services. What makes this event so special to me not just because of the earthquake but it improved my administrative communication with interns and parents and publicity. Another thing is language, those camps or community services I conducted mostly are in Mandarin and Malay. This is the very first time I have to lead an activity in English. No doubt that it became a burden for me. Days before the camp I was suffering from excessive nervousness due to my high expectation of myself. I feel great to work together with other interns as all of us can contribute our ideas and capability in different areas. I think we did a great job in distribute our duties.  Thanks for your commitment. Giving will reap the greatest harvest.

Finally, it’s over.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you showed positive leadership and initiative skills in this project as well. In spite of your limitation you are willing to risk moving out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself in taking on something you know you are weak on and willing to developed yourself in the process. This is a mark of the 'adventurer' and 'explorer' ..... willing to confront and enter areas even when you are anxious and not very familiar with. These attributes bodes well in personal development and professional deveopment in a profession that invites you to do just that. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alex. Your words mean a lot to me =)

    ReplyDelete