Tuesday 21 February 2012

As i doing my ALS homework about "empathy", a sentence that I want myself to remember is ' Reading about a feeling and intellectually knowing about it is very different than actually experiencing it for yourself.' In order to practice empathy toward others, it important for me to emotionally connected with others.In the past, I used to kept an emotional distance with others. I afraid of invest too much emotional toward others might cause me a lot of troubles like I might not being able to hold impersonal attitude about an issue . I know how myself will react and respond to other's emotion, that's why I will limit myself for being too emotionally involve with others. But now, as I learn how to open up myself, I started to adjust myself. Just as regulation of boundary in Gestalt theory. 

1 comment:

  1. This where personal development is essential cultivating an awareness of the 'self' and 'Self' The difference is feeling an emotion and knowing and discerning the subject that feels the emotion is not the emotion itself. 'I' am aware of experiencing an emotion of sadness is different from the statement 'I am sad'. The more self-aware an individual becomes the more the individual is able discern the experiencer and the experience.

    ReplyDelete